Occupations Vision Care – Take responsibility for your eye safety
Did you know over 3500 eye injuries are reported annually to the Saskatchewan Worker’s Compensation Board and many more occur that go unreported?
These injuries can have disastrous effects, resulting in complete or partial loss of sight. Accidents are costly to your employee and your industry!
Employees without safety eyewear, those with ill-fitted eyewear and those wearing dress eyewear or contact lenses ARE at RISK.
Occupational Vision Care (OVC) & Eye Protection Program: the industry standard in quality safety eyewear from the experts.
The SAO coordinates an Occupational Vision Care (OVC) Program tailoring safety eyewear needs to meet your work environment. The OVC program, designed by optometrists, has been around for over 25 years.
The OVC Program provides:
- Optometrists are located in virtually every Saskatchewan community
- Optometrists provide full scope eye care, including the initial comprehensive eye health and vision examination, the fitting, dispensing and repair of glasses and are available for your eye emergencies
- Each and every client company contract is custom-tailored to meet the specific needs of its particular industrial setting
- One central office serves as the single contact for OVC client companies, working with companies to set up custom-tailored eyewear contracts, providing eyewear order (authorization) forms, centrally processing all paperwork to issue a single monthly statement and arranging eye health and safety presentations
- The OVC Program offers a program that includes eye examination services. A complete eye health and vision assessment, performed with special attention to the specific occupational needs of each employee, ensures optimum vision and eye health safety
- All safety lenses (prescription and non-prescription), coatings, frames and sideshields dispensed by the OVC Program meet or exceed Canadian safety standard Z94.3-92. Regular (dress) eyewear does not meet these standards
- Dispensing eyewear is the particular expertise of the OVC Program; our dispensers are uniquely qualified to ensure lenses are manufactured to exacting ophthalmic and safety standards based on a comprehensive understanding of a patient’s ocular health and vision
- Once adopting a safety vision program, companies realize immediate cost savings in reduced injuries
- Our lab tendering process is conducted triennially to ensure the best possible value
- Each client company can tailor the program according to its safety needs within the means of their budget
- Because all provincial optometrists participate in the program, our purchasing power results in our product prices being among the lowest available
For more information, please contact the OVC Coordinator.